Scarves, beanies & pussy cats ....

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Look what greeted me when I got home yesterday ...



Once she'd established where she was compared to where I was - and it's higher than it looks as the section slopes - she proceeded to miaow piteously for me to come and get her down. H. e. l. l. o. I've always had the philosophy with our cats that what goes up must come down - eventually!

Right, here's my knitted up scarf using that new yarn. Looks really good but was a pain to knit. As you unwound the yarn you had to "pull" each segment down to expand it and then find the top most single strand to knit with. Not quick, not something you can do while reading or watching TV and not something I'll be doing again in the foreseeable future! Though I am pleased with how it looks and feels ....





Bit of a shock to the system this week as I had an order for one of my multi coloured adult beanies - it's been a while since I made one of these !! They wanted it to look funky rather than stipey so I made little squares with some of the novelty yarns and tried to "unmatch" each side. You can't go too crazy with the novelty stuff because you need a certain amount of DK wool in there to keep the integral shape of the beanie.






Once again, I'm really happy with the result. Now back to the teeny weeny baby knitting please ....

1 comments:

Cotton Kiwi May 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

I bet she did that on purpose you know, just to see if you would climb up to fetch her. They are very naughty like that. Loving the scarf and hat. I have to say you have a darn site more patience than me. I think if I'd been knitting that scarf it would have been tossed aside after the first row. No patience!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP