Guess what I've been doing ....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010



Not hard to answer that question ....

I've been making beautiful little pink and cream baby beanies in the last week or so. It's a really nice style for winter because the garter stitch border at the bottom should make them a feel warmer. The most exciting thing about knitting these is choosing what to put in the middle of the flower. Eddie's a great help with these - when I give him 2 choices, 9 times out of 10 he chooses the one I was going to use. Husbands are very handy sometimes - not however when you've spread knitting, tape measure, scissors, pin cushion and various balls of wool all over the couch and he decides to come and sit with you. And then Isabella (pussy cat) arrives as well. Ah, the trials and tribulations of being a knitter.

Because Easter's this weekend, our normal Devonport Craft Market is happening on Sunday 11th so I have another week to try and knit some tea cozies ... hmmmmmm not much different than a beanie really - I may just have to do something different at the top!! And not forgetting that tea pots have handles.

I noticed this morning it was getting nippier in Auckland. I love winter - the season when everyone wants, needs and has to have a beanie - preferably one of mine of course..........

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP