My knitting week

Sunday, March 28, 2010


Last week was a busy one. I've discovered some interesting yarn at Spotlight - made by Moda - with little ribbon bits that stick out. The colours are stunning. They remind me of a stiff petticoat I had when I was a kid. Must have been the primmers I guess because we all had them and everyone hung upside down on the monkey bars so the other kids - boys I guess! - could see how pretty they were!

They had about 5 or 6 layers, all different colours and were made of tulle. Very, very pretty. Sarah from Cotton Kiwi had something similar at one of the Devonport Craft Markets and how I wished I had a little girl to buy for!!!

Anyway I've digressed - as usual .....

Pip, one of my best clients, had asked for a beanie and cardy set for a wee 6 month old girl. She'd seen a little newborn beanie Id made with the ribbon yarn - see, we did get back to the ribbon in the end! - and she asked if I could knit a matching cardy. This is what I came up with.

1 comments:

Cotton Kiwi March 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

It's lovely Glennie! Great colours! And thanks for mentioning me :o)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP