Moody blue ....

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A friend is going to Spain for a couple of years and I've made a vest for her gorgeous baby boy to wear in their winter.   He'll just about be 1 by then so I made the 1-2 year size and finished it off with some of my cute little ladybug buttons.






I used a new wool by Shepherd which has knitted up really nicely (I usually use Cleckheaton) and as it comes in 100g balls I had enough left over to knit a vintage racing helmut to match.
Excuse the wine glass prop - it's a bit hard to photograph a helmut without a model!!!


3 comments:

Unknown April 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM  

Very cute vest and the helmut is so cute.
I find it hard to look for props make my knits look good! The wine glass works great!

Glennie April 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM  

Hmm - not so sure about the wine glass - may need to look for a small mannequin head! One of the girls at the craft market I have a stall at had a whole heap of child sized head shaped "things" last year but annoyingly I didn't get around to asking her where she got them from and she hasn't been there since! They were wooden with a lovely smooth patina so they may well have been really old. I love the way you displayed your baby knitting on that white ladder ...

Unknown April 16, 2012 at 4:03 AM  

The ladder was good but I still think hats look better photographed when they are full (if you know what I mean!)
Those head shaped things sound like just the ticket if you can find them!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP