Buttons, market days and pussy cats ...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011






I love buttons, just adore them. Actually I blame my mother because when I was sick as a child she used to give me either her button tin or her jewellery box to tip out and play with.

I just love the way things were valued in those days - no chucking stuff out then - clothes mended, darned, collars turned, hems and sleeves let down and when something did finally make it to the rag bag, all the buttons were removed and popped in the button tin. Needless to say, I have an enormous button stash (hope Eddie's not reading this bit!)


We had a great market in Devonport on Sunday (thanks Sarah B and Sarah M) and my new revolving stand made its first appearance. It's just perfect for the little cardy's and vests and I'm really pleased with it.




Plus I'd had a bit of a dilemna as to how to display my ballerina's but ended up leaving them upright in the flax box I'd used to store and then transport them in - looked good!




And as usual I'll leave the final word to Isabella .....

1 comments:

Cotton Kiwi March 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

The stall looked great Glennie and so did those little cardis! I almost wish mine were still small enough to fit into one!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP