Blossom time ...

Thursday, September 16, 2010




I know there's going to be strong winds today as every year, just as our old, old plum tree bursts into flower, there's some sort of storm and half the blossoms get blown off before they can set their fruit - ah nature, don't you love it?!

On the knitting front I've been busy knitting a couple of orders, one of which is some pairs of the "squares" bootees, the pattern for which is I believe about 50 years old!



I'm much happier with my finish of these ones than the first pair I made. I'm now using whip stitch to sew them up and it's a lot neater - especially when you realise the seams are on the outside!



So now it's just getting them finished and deciding on buttons etc. One pair are getting these cute little ladybird buttons I've had stashed away.



But as you can see, I'm a bit indecisive with the pink pair - not happy with any of these .... I'm thinking little pink fabric roses with leaves so watch this space.



Issie wants to be a reader ....

1 comments:

Cotton Kiwi September 16, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Loving the ones with the ladybird buttons Glennie! It's such and ingenious little pattern! Issie looks very unimpressed with having her photo taken!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP