Feijoa's ....

Sunday, April 10, 2011


I think I'm feijoa'd out. We've had feijoa cake, feijoa crumble, I've taken bags of them to work, I've made three lots of feijoa chutney - one with apples, one with dates and one with apples and dates - just to be daring - and still they fall off the tree.

I think it's been a bumper year for all fruit as our plum tree yield was huge this year and I made pickled plums which was the easiest pickle to make as you just washed them, left them whole, pricked them in a few places with a toothpick and then poured the hot syrup over the top and left them for 3 months. They are divine but of course I made the syrup using three different recipes and can't quite remember what I put in it ... typical me. Add to this the two bags of peaches from our next door neighbour which have been turned into peach and mango chutney and never in my whole life have I pickled and chutneyed as much as this summer.

And in between time I did some knitting! Last week I had a "replacing stock" week as between the Devonport Craft Market and a couple of commissions, I used all my stock of black bootees and little fair isle newborn beanies - not to mention the little cerise and green set that sold at the market before I could even attach a label to it.






And thru all this busyness, Madam Isabella did what she does best ......

2 comments:

Cotton Kiwi April 11, 2011 at 1:27 AM  

Have you tried freezing your feijoa's Glennie? I always freeze a couple of bowls full so we can have crumble in the middle of winter. Glad you have managed some knitting in amongst all that chutney making!!

Glennie April 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Thanks S - someone at work told me that yesterday! And to add lemon juice to stop the flesh browning - so that's the task for tonight. No doubt I'll then have to clean out the freezer to fit them in!@#$%

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP