My secret squirrel project ...

Thursday, August 12, 2010



One of my close friends is having to have nana naps in the afternoons and I decided to knit her a lap/foot rug. Initially I wanted to use a really simple pattern and put the emphasis on the wool - using a Debbie Bliss silk/mohair/wool mixture until I realised I'd be using about 20 balls at $16+ per ball - I'll leave you to do the maths!

So Plan B was called for and I found a really interesting pattern using 20 squares with each one having more squares within it. Decided to use Touch merino which is still a lovely soft wool and away I went. Except that when I'd made enough squares to lay them out and get an idea of how big it would be, I decided 20 weren't going to achieve the size I wanted and I'd have to knit 25. It's a bit daunting when you're not even half way thru them! But, having decided on more, that then meant as I had uneven rows I could do something interesting with the very middle one and the corners, so this evolved ...






And here's the final result ....




And here's proof that Isabella is a typical cat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP