Sailor range ....

Tuesday, May 1, 2012



So I made this little sailor jersey a week or so ago - using a moody sort of a blue and my normal cream shade 0050, with the neck edges in this bricky red colour .....

Then I decided I loved the pattern so much especially the neck (do they call this an envelope opening?) as I think it would be really easy to pop over a baby's head but also unlike a lot of stripe patterns because of the 4 row colour repeat I was able to weave the wool up the sides by catching it every 2 rows thereby eliminating the tedious "sew all the ends in" task you normally have ... so I made another version with a crisper fresher blue, a white cream and a fire engine red at the neck and the ribs ...




I'm planning on another version with a narrow blue stipe every 4th or 7th row ....

1 comments:

Unknown May 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

I love it when I don't have to sew the ends in, I am going to try to learn intarsia next, I just bought a book, but it looks complicated!
Is this pattern your own? You should sell it, it is so great.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP